View Single Post
Old July 3, 2012, 04:19 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team
Default U-M Gymnast on Bangladesh Olympic Team

Quote:

U-M Student, Caesar will represent Bangladesh in London Olympics.

"I'm just so excited and so happy and proud to wear the colors," said Caesar.

Caesar has never lived in Bangladesh, but his mother, father and older sister were born there. Growing up, he was exposed to Bengali culture. Now, thanks to his success in gymnastics, he's become something of a celebrity in his parents' native land.

In December in Bangladesh, he became the first Bengali ever to win a gold medal at the Central South Asian Gymnastics Championships. "When I was on home soil and really competing with the home crowd, I just realized how awesome it was that an entire country and entire nation could unite under a sport -- even as unpopular as gymnastics," he said. "That experience really hit home for me."

Caesar is already the most decorated gymnast in the history of Bangladesh. He said he'll try to treat the London Games like it's just another meet. His goal is to hit all six of his routines. If he does that, he said, he'll be happy -- no matter whether or not he brings home a medal.

"Try not to think too much about it, trying not to psych myself out," Caesar said. "At the same time, I really want to take in the Olympics -- make every moment matter."
Wishing him all the best....