View Single Post
Old July 28, 2012, 02:02 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrequiem
Are you saying that teaching the scientific proof in the theory of evolution is akin to advocating atheism?
No, of course not.

Quote:
I agree - school curricula SHOULD include religious studies from a historical perspective. But they must NOT be taught as science, because they most definitely are not. That is what Dawkins and his like are advocating. There are no secret Atheist agenda to eradicate religion, but if teaching science in schools happens to erode faith, then that's a matter that should be addressed by mosques/temples/churches/synagogues.
Religion and science are two separate subjects which should never be conflated, no matter what the religious view, theistic or atheistic, of science happens to be.

Dawkins and his groups advocate much more than that. I suggest you visit his website and explore their agenda in detail. They only want their own perspective on religion once it is taught in public schools. I believe that all perspectives, including religious ones, should be a part of the learning.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)