View Single Post
Old January 8, 2013, 02:01 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

abul doesn't count, he was selected off nothing, rubel is similar but the difference with rubel is he has improved his output for the national team, still struggling in tests but showed signs the last series of improvement. we all know shahadat isn't the best, but he did fine in the recent NCL (19 wickets, 29.9 strike rate average of 14.89), shafiul didn't do that badly either (16 wickets, 36.3 strike rate, average of 15.25). i might have missed zia's name but he's not on the most wickets list for the NCL this season and the lowest amount of wickets on the table is 6 so he must have got less than 6 wickets for the NCL so for whatever reason he didn't take many FC wickets recently. maybe the captain didn't bowl him much, not his fault, but it still remains he hasn't put the performances up recently. either way if he was bowled it means he failed to take his opportunities and if he didn't bowl then it means he lacks recent FC bowling experience which makes it tough to pick him for the test team off the back of one performance.

as i said before he's been reinvented as a batsman, he hasn't really been bowling much since, his bowling record is mainly from before the time he reinvented himself which was a year or so ago. if he had continued to bowl regularly then you could go ahead and say here is a bowler who's put up a lot of good performances, but when they haven't been bowling much for the last year and a half that record has to be studied more closely.

and i realise he's had a couple of good performances lately with the ball i.e. last t20I, today but has he been doing that consistently for the last year? he hasn't been bowling much, most of his time in that period was spent with the national team not bowling very often.