View Single Post
Old October 25, 2013, 03:49 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden
I'd like to see Nasir move up the batting order a spot or two in Tests. I think he has sufficient experience and now is a vital cog in the batting. I don't think he'd suit a top order spot so I would keep him in the middle order, coming in after Mominul, in the number 5 slot. I think here he will be able to convert his many starts to hundreds.
This would put Shakib at 6 and Mushfiqur at 7. This may seem a little low in the order for those two, but given the fact that Shakib will probably be bowling till his arms are about to fall off, the extra rest will do him good. Likewise with Mushfiqur's wicket-keeping duties, the rest will should help him too. This would also mean that the number 4, 5 and 6 will go to out most fluent batsmen.
if they were to push nasir up and shakib/mushy down i'd probably put mushy ahead of shakib (so shakib at 7) because as you say shakib will do a lot of bowling and mushy, well that 200 says something, says he can bat long innings which hasn't been shown that often by BD batsmen doing better lately). even though i think 7 is to low for shakib the middle order is getting crowded atm (which is a good thing) and like i said mushy has that 200, we need batsmen that can play long innings and score good runs and at 7 that's unlikely (that's the reason we want nasir higher up so he can be utilised more).