View Single Post
Old January 24, 2004, 11:18 PM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

I am also surprised at all of your reactions like Kalboishakhi. Were you all getting a bit too emotional that you should have been? Anyway, forget it, let me make my argument in the next paragraph.

Mushfique and Rana are still youngsters, in particular, Mushfique had a very poor time the last time when he went to Zimbabwe. i don't see how he can fill in Khaled Mahmud's place as the match winner in the side. A good performer with both bat and ball? Yes, that he can do, he is in good form. But he also struggles on wickets that has bounce.

I am getting a bit worried now that Habibul Bashar won't get some sort of support from Khaled Mahmud during the one day series (that is, if the board does accept Khaled Mahmud's resignation, I am still hopeful that the board will do the right thing again like the selection process this time and will not accept Mahmud's resignation). I am worried that all this had to happen when we desperately want to win an ODI or a Test in Zimbabwe. If Mahmud does go to Zimbabwe (still being hopeful that he will go to Zimbabwe for the sake of winning a match or two), then he will be able to help Bashar even by being there, as the former captain.

As I said in another thread, we are in the process of losing a match-winner - we can't let that happen. IF WE DO LOSE HIM, THERE GOES OUR CHANCE TO WIN A MATCH IN ZIMBABWE!