View Single Post
Old October 16, 2013, 08:59 AM
BC Editorial Team

Zee, the line between foolhardiness and bravery is a fine one. My observations are from the prism of someone who actively plays the game at a decent level and has been an avid cricket reader and watcher for 25 years. You are most welcome to your philosophical argument that "if is theoretically possible, then torpedoes be damned, full speed ahead." but what evidence are you offering that in this match, under the circumstances I list, a chase was on? Pull out run rates of failed chases vs successful ones; not random examples such as Kenya making it to the semis on an ODI tourney because they got walkovers in the group stage. What evidence do you offer of this so called inferiority complex against NZ at home when all the principals are claiming otherwise (read the PA piece on conversations with players before Eid: http://www.prothom-alo.com/sports/ar...%8D%E0%A6%A8)? Explain to me how cross batted hoiks against the new ball, facing decent pacers, as an opener is the same as a middle order batters strokeplay against spinners? Explain again why every cricketer talks about the pitch so much when it is a simple case of mind over matter?

Last edited by RazabQ; October 16, 2013 at 09:59 AM.. Reason: PA link found.