Thread: No To Tests.
View Single Post
Old December 18, 2012, 11:48 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raynman
Given your lack of understanding and grasp on reality and inability to understand the topic or comprehend the point being tried to be made, typically I would let this comment slide. However, since you have called me out by name...
My personal goal is much different than yours. Be it real or unreal has nothing to do with whether I like a certain form of particular version of a sport or not. I may like Kabadi and that does not mean that I am unable to understand reality that Kabadi is not going to be the most popular sport ever. You missed the word "stubbornness" in Roey's post I think.

Quote:
It is the right wing extremist conservatives that believe that their interpretation is right and the ONLY one and tend to try to bring everyone not like them under an umbrella so that they can address/change them. If thats your version of positivity, count me out.
Wow. You really had to bring in fundamentalism as an analogy in here. You sound like old fanatic club soccer supporters that I met from Old Dhaka. I appreciate your speech and counting you out with pleasure.

Quote:
Good luck on your journey. Obviously you have plenty of time on your hand being able to watch 40 hours of cricket in a week as well as continue on a journey to impose your view on others in addition to (i'll give you the benefit here) living a healthy, meaningful life.
If you look at the old pictures when cricket was played in GB and its colonies you will find that most spectators were old and ladies with sheds. Even now except sub-continent, the percentage of very adult viewers are high enough. Nobody is getting scared running a test series in the 21st century in a country like Australia. How do you reason that?

Quote:
The point here is the future of cricket and more importantly what is BEST for Bangladesh. I grew up loving Test cricket and still enjoy the beauty of it. But vociferous fans like you make it embarassing to admit that as the last thing I would want is someone to think I am under the same umbrella as you.
Definitely your love for cricket whether Test or not is limited to watching but never really grasping the truth behind it. All these talks about a good first class infrastructure become so stale when anybody read this part. Do you or anybody can think that you can start a career with 200+ strike rate from the get-go? As a leisure time guitarist I still envy the swiftness of some pro's and I know because of my other duties I will never be as fast as close to Van Hallen or Paul Gilbert in this particular hobby, but we all guitar players have one thing in common. We started playing slow, learning to hold different chords for hours, playing rhythm patterns unless hands got bruised, played sargam zillion times unless felt fingers got really freed.

So, you are welcome not to join my umbrella but that does not mean that this umbrella does not shed some light. BTW, your use of word embarrassment really embarrassed me. All I see degradation of quality and nothing else.

First time, .