View Single Post
Old April 3, 2011, 11:45 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Sahastra
Ganesh,

I would think there are many ways to protest about 'India baiting' and also 'rubbing it in' without doing it in a distasteful manner. Without being specific, your last two posts have been in a poor taste to say he least. You are a better poster than that. Sorry if you find this offensive.
As I have said earlier,
People are openly venting their frustrations at India winning the world cup fair and square. They have routinely questioned India's #1 status in tests. Why is it tasteful to do the above things, but to say BD cricket side is ordinary is very distasteful? When India lost last time, BD fans celebrated(sometimes wildly). At the end of the day, when India didn't perform, fans have no reason to complain about BD fans going overboard or whatever like that. By the same token, you cannot have a fans of a weak side question the strength of #1 side. Point is, good and friendly relationship depends on both sides. May be you think, posts which says "Any side other than India can win" as tasteful or worth ignoring and not worth criticizing. I just think, it requires to be responded back every once a while. At the end of the day, I am only paying back just to make a point that taste of the medicine is just as bitter (and not being abusive etc.).

I will leave this topic here with a note that, when India wins, it is possible to rub back at those who say "anything other than India". Of course same holds for Indian, Pakistani or Aussie fans as well.