View Single Post
Old October 5, 2011, 09:23 AM
MLC World Series I

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6_Turbo
That sounds eerily like the mantra Livershit fans spout at teams when they play United.

You do realize Real lost La Liga last season by 4 points, and the difference between Real and the 3rd placed team was TWENTY ONE points.

In their head to head matches, Barca beat Real, 5-0, and drew 1-1, that right there is your difference, 4 points. So instead of blaming the lesser teams...why not simply admit, Real were 2nd best.

As it is, La Liga is messed up, with Real and Barca refusing to share tv revenue with the other 18 teams, so while Real and Barca get €140mil each, the 3rd placed team gets €48mil and you want to know what the bottom team receives? €13mil!

In the PL, United as the top team received €70mil and the bottom team received €42mil
yes, Barca were the better of the two teams but the league was lost to the lower teams Real lost points to, like the likes of Sporting, Zaragoza etc. and when you play 38 games a season, two games(el clasico) doesn't matter, the remaining 36 does! and that's where Barca fared better! and if i'm not mistaken the 4 points doesn't tell the whole story. As soon as Barca won the league they were fielding their second team while Madrid were playing their full strength and feeding Cristiano so he could break the record which he ultimately did.

And regarding the TV revenues, i know it's unfair. But seriously would you want to watch Mallorca, Racing, Levante etc play live? No, but you'd rather watch Stoke City play live and there's the difference between EPL and La Liga.