View Single Post
Old August 16, 2006, 03:14 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Googly
First of all I must congratulate Miraz for his great effort. I know you are talking about present crop of SLA:p bowlers. But, I have to say that the all time greatest SLA bowler of Bangladesh is none of them. He was perhaps the only world class player in the Bangladesh:p team in late 70s and had a tremendous impact on games against international teams like MCC. He was instrumental in gaining ICC associate membership for :pBangladesh. Some of you may have heard about him or watched him play. He is none other than the great :pSLA:p and Chinaman bowler Khandakar Nazrul Kader Lintu. He used to play for a weak team in the league – Young Pegasus – but stood out through his performance. Lintu had great control and variety in his bowling. The wicket keepers did not have a clue to what he was going to bowl and had difficulty keeping him. Unfortunately for :pBangladesh:place, he was too good a student who stood both in SSC and HSC. He left for the :pUSA:p for graduation and as far as I know he is doing great in his professional career there. To me and many others he is the pioneer of SLA bowling in Bangladesh.
Is Lintu, by any chance, you?