View Single Post
Old October 12, 2013, 06:38 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

he has been much less consistent in the last 3 years, averaging just under 30 at 29.73 with no tons and only 4 half centuries from 19 innings. his career average is currently 36.54 from 55 innings. he was averaging over 40 but the last few years have really pushed down his average.

i agree we don't have the luxury of dropping a player the calibre of tamim, we haven't found any other openers who have been able to average 30+ consistently and despite him averaging under that in the last 3 years it is only just and this is the worst patch he's had in his test career. he's been good in domestic FC's over his career as well so i think he is still clearly our best talent/prospect in the top order (even better than anamul).

people may not agree but what i've seen from tamim over his career is that he is as good a talent as any around, he's got the ability to be right up their with the very best and has the talent to end his career as one of the best openers ever produced from the subcontinent region. he has come a long way from when he was that young 18 year old trying to make it in the national team who couldn't play leg side and couldn't make more than about 50 runs in an innings.