View Single Post
Old March 30, 2018, 04:55 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb

Like I said I go to jummah prayers when time permits - its peaceful but often times khutbas are done by uninteresting people and it's hard to give ear to someone like them. The guy is just doing his job and earning a living and often time parroting copied nonsense.

I was once in a prayer where a 14 year old gave a khutbah telling a mass of not less than 1000 people how to lead their life. What qualification in life does he really have? He doesn't even know 1% of life's struggle. If it is someone like malala - yes i will listen to or the survivors of parkland shooting - you got my ears. But if you are put up there because they managed to find the son of the guy in their comittee and can read english.. but at home plays video games all day. It's an insult.

Everybody's temporary reaction there was "mashallah 14 years old giving khutbah - great great" - not actually listening to content. That guy even touched topic such as relationship - ridiculous! and cringe-worthy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-man
I definitely think there are too many people that have an unwarranted n undeserved religious authority. Not just grass roots level but global too
Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
agreed. And that is actually why we started this podcast in the first place. Sometimes kutbahs are boring and un-engaging. So that is why we have guests that actually talk about high level philosophy, consciousness, rationality, foundations of morality, modernity etc. and link it back to Islam. And obviously we talk about other topics like love, marriage, entrepreneurship etc.
Yeah, totally agree with you guys...For 9 shameless years throughout the 1980's HuMo Ershad, the most shameless, corrupt, spineless and with complete lack of any spiritual quality in Bangladesh's political history - would lead the Friday al-Jummah prayers' khutba (sermon) at the Baitul Mukarram Mosque while he was the dictator of Bangladesh.