View Single Post
Old July 9, 2018, 05:06 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
thing is over the years the gap between powerhouse nations and smaller nations has reduced. for the last 20 years, club football has exploded beyond imaginations. so talented players play across various leagues and with the best.

from the top of my head --

croatia has luka modric/kovacic (real madrid), rakitic (barca), mandzukic (juve), lovren (liverpool), perisic (inter)..

while belgium has hazard/courtouis (chelsea), de bruyne/kompany (man city), lukaku/fellaini (man u).

croatia/belgium are not brazil/germany but they have so many good players with top flight club experience that they can deliver and perform even better as a team compared to other big nations.
I know bro..But I still dont want to accept those small teams knocking major teams. At least not just yet. I want the players of small teams do really well in the PLs but in world cup, I want my major teams to be there..Italy, Netherlands, Germany, Argentina, Brazil, England, France and Uruguay need to play the Qtr final for the world cup to be exciting for me..

But I do get that the quality of football is lot better this time. Teams like Iran, Croatia, Mexico, japan, Morocco played really well. Group stage was fun