View Single Post
Old April 26, 2009, 06:27 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Good to see you back and I am not surprised at the timing of your comeback. Anyways Congrats in advance for winning a much deserved premier league and hope you knock out Gooners and we barca’s for a rematch in Rome . JT aint gonna take the penalty this time.

Quote:
Having seen the replay many times I can't see how anyone can dispute that penalty. Carrick clearly steered the ball away BEFORE Gomez got there. Gomez touched Carrick first. Don't believe it? Watch this carefully- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JORPeAJJHdw
Gomez touches the balls and its changes its trajectory by close to around 90 degrees with no contact from Carrick. You might have your arguments, but even those pundits on Match of the day, especially Alan Hansen (I know he played for pool) agreed Spurs controlled the game until that Penalty.

Quote:
As for PFA nominations, I'm pretty sure those were done around February when United were top form, including players like Vidic, who fully deserves to be in the list for his role in United's record defensive run.
He is lucky PFA nominations were decided well before that Liverpool game where Torres tore him apart .

Quote:
It boggles my mind how he hasn't won this award once in his glorious 18 year career
Giggs is a great player but to say he deserves that award over lampard,vidic or gerrard award by starting only 9 games this season (YES , 9) is a crime. Giggs is nominated up there SOLELY cos they felt Giggs was undervalued all these years and the result is a sympathy-award for him before he finally hangs his boots.

Rooney , Ronaldo , vidic and ferdinand had a far better season than him .

Quote:
I'd personally like Ryan Giggs to win it who has been brilliant in the few games that he's played this season.
They heard you.

AND ,

*I put my Blue tinted glasses back on*