View Single Post
Old November 11, 2011, 01:26 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farhan_98
To be honest I'm not seriously thinking about it now. I don't want to be arrogant but im a good batsman who can shift gears. Good Ingeniuity.Decent Power Can Clear Ropes Easily on Leg Side and Off Side But need to work playing down the ground. I can also play the short ball which most Players can't and im good at hooking the ball. Need to work on Timing and can bowl off spin/leg spin and decent pace. Nowadays Pace about 86-90 Mph. i could be Shakib,Tamim and Mashrafe in one. I play for my school team. I worry about staying in Bangladesh all my life unless I could live in the UK and Play for them. You never know you may see me in a couple of years
If you are what you say you are, you fit perfectly in the current crop of batsmen playing for BD. I seriously doubt you can bowl 90mph (90kph) at the tender age of 13. i would say you have better chance to get in BD team as a batsman. Let me caution you against becoming an impulsive hooker (curb that instinct). Learn to drive (cover, on and off) and have the discipline to leave wide balls (in the off side). Most importantly, improve ion your footwork. I played for my school team and at that time powerfull areal shots earned my keeps in smallish cricket fields. But it did not cut at the higher levels. In other words, learn to be a boring batsman and people will be knocking at your door. See, if you can join one of the many cricket academies during your summer breaks. You may not learn much from them but al least make a few connections that might be usefull.