View Single Post
Old July 28, 2007, 01:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

I think Riyad's rating is a bit high because he is playing in the team as an allrounder... his bowling definitely needs more work. His batting was definitely very composed and risk free. However, he just played one match so it is too early to get excited about him. I will give Riyad 5.5.

I also disagree with Farhad's rating, I think he did a fair job as a third pacer. His batting was below par... ( his batting was OK in first match) he was run out in ODI was very unlucky and his partner deserves a part of the blame for that. Farhad deserved 4.5.

Regarding Shakib's bowling, I think he sucked in the first ODI, but he did better in 2nd and 3rd ODI. As the fifth bowling option of the team he deserved a rating better than 1 (Shakib), even though his batting sucked.

Even though I love Mushy, his keeping was very ordinary in this series and his bat did not talk (shuffling him around did not help). I think he deserves something less than 6, may be 4.5 (Mushy).

One more thing, the over all bowling performance was rated as 9, but best rating given for a bowler is 8 (Rasel) and others got 7's and 6's. I guess you are being a little difficult on individual ratings.

Last edited by cricket_pagol; July 28, 2007 at 02:38 PM..