View Single Post
Old July 13, 2012, 07:23 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
I do agree with Razab bhai here. A spin-heavy attack may be the way to go on slow, low wickets in ODIs, but we do need good pacers to be able to win ODIs in conditions alien to us and Tests anywhere in the world. We need the sort of penetration that only raw pace and /or swing can provide and risk the chance of fielding a very one-dimensional attack by packing it with spinners. Drying up the runs and choking the opposition won't always work, especially in Tests, where batsmen have all the damn time in the world.

Once Rubel is back, Nazmul finds a father who won't treat him like he's someone else's and Mash mans the heck up, we will have a decent pace attack. We do, however, still need another really good spinner or two. Elias might make it in the longest version, but too early to tell. Perhaps Enamul?
Our Test pace attack looks scary. And thats not a good thing. Only Nazmul looks competent. Its amazing how Rubel with his pace and reverse swing has such a poor average and strike rate. I hope he improves as he's done in ODIs. I've lost hope on Shahadat as his average and strike rates continue to skyrocket. Robiul doesn't look like he merits another shot, but I'd like to give Shafiul another look. I hope Mash can play again, and maybe he could retire from limited overs to extend a test career. I have a feeling pace-wise, we will very soon be forced to turn to Rabbi, Abul, and Taskin in Tests.

By contrast our ODI pace attack seems very settled and productive.

#OneTeam1Dream