View Single Post
Old November 12, 2016, 07:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq
Bro forget Gayle, Russell.... Look at Mehedi Maruf and Mushy! They batted with intent and got the result. Mehedi Maruf was shuffling all over the pitch and getting to the pitch of the ball and smacking it. Same with Mushy... been using his feet brilliantly. In these conditions, against quality spinners, you need to use your feet well.
Ofcourse you need to use a lot of footwork. Some folks think T20 is about going back to the spinners. But if you go back in the crease your chances of getting out will average but the chances of getting a boundary isn't much.

Jahurul and Nabi used their feet today as well. By going down the wicket the batsman can negate any slowness or spin. Going down the track(not premeditated) is a more percentage shot, the risk increased but its T20

Now, I was fine with the pitches in the first 4 days. Those were pattas, and I mean it. Today's wicket was just sluggish. Still not a 130 run wicket by any mean. It all boils down to lack of preparation and poor coaching staff. Thats why you wanted to have better coaches from India and Pakistan, or even Sri Lanka. They understand the conditions very well.

Guess why foreigners are failing? Because your substandard local coaches don't know how to advice the foreign stars. Surely, the foreigners themselves will understand the conditions but there is a lack of gameplan if you ask me.

It all revolves around the lack of an aggressive attitude. After a couple of wickets batsman enter their shells. You have to keep on playing your shots especially against the bad deliveries