View Single Post
Old July 6, 2012, 03:27 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello
Default American Folk Movement - The Most Influentials According To WBK.fm

Jadukor bhai mentioned a young English singer/song-writer named Adele and I looked her up and and thought of making a thread dedicated to these great artists/individuals mentioned below. I find the below American Folk artists to be the most influential in constructing, reconstructing, awakaning the American Conscience and for me, personally, influenced me heavily in my thought process and my design work for the built environment and the ecological art.

Although the thread may sound and look like a thread with posts of Youtube provided songs/performances of these below mentioned musicians/singer/song-writers and may look similar to the "What Are You Listening At The Moment" thread, dear Mod bhais and admin bhais, please let me do this thread as it will be a refined collection of specific types of songs/writings/expressions - with which I will eventually show a parallel between these American philosophers/thinkers/singer-song writers and the Bengali Lalon/Baul Musik and Spirituals i,e Puradash Baul and the great late Hon. Lalon Shah (may Allah bless his soul). I believe I will be able to establish and show how they (the American vocal Folk artists) speak of the same thing, same pain and suffering of a human soul and the same human experience and feelings of the Spiritual Movements of Bengal furhter down the road.....I mean I hope to create another thread where we shall discus the Bengali Root/Spiriual sounds and musik.

All bhais and apus, please contribute as well.