Thread: Spin Pipeline
View Single Post
Old September 21, 2014, 09:31 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan
And on the basis of this little "fact" you want Riyad out and give "a go" to Hom! Wunderschön!

I think you're just arguing here for the sake of it. Had you followed BD cricket from its birth and not jumping on the train midway -so to speak- you would have realized a few things quite organically; amongst them is the fact that you cannot always apply a general law (standard yardstick/international average) to a particular case (Riyad and BD batsmen). Standard yardstick is merely a guide to measure/gauge all sorts of matters with all their relativity. You see, all babies don't grow uniformly (despite the growth chart) as there could be many factors/variables involved. Nor a Turkey fly at the height of an Eagle -technically, both are birds. Nor a Fiat Punto bombs down the motorway at the capable speed of a, say, Venom GT (no, I'm not into cars and don't work for them and certainly don't own one). Although, both have four wheels and a steering wheel. If I haven't put you to sleep already- hopefully, now you will comprehend the futility of comparing the Test average of a Riyad or any BD bats with that of a Don or any other greats. Hence, I don't. One has to learn to temper his optimism/expectation with a dose of pragmatism and reality.

Now, who else -beside the Homie -would you wanna give "a go" against those minnows (Zim)?
BD shouldn't have test status if they're happy with batsmen averaging 28, expectations need to be higher. don't compare BD to other test nations? sorry but that is who they are playing if they don't want to be comparable then they shouldn't be in competition with each other.

also riyad's test average of 28 is bad by BD standards not just world standards. tamim averages 36, nasir, 36, mushy 33 (but averaged in the 40s and 50s in recent years), shakib nearly 38, mominul 60+.