View Single Post
Old May 16, 2007, 09:58 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by layperson
I dont know what made you say I "claimed" to read it. I would not have said so if I had not read the whole thing. That is the first thing that shows your initial instinct is not to trust the other person, hence a cynical side to you which is not the best of things to have. I am not judging you just giving my opinion based on your posts in this thread. I dont mean to offend you either, so please ignore it if it does. ON your first post, I had gone through it thoroughly the first time i did not just skim through the lines. I still think that there were parts where there was not need to be cynical but still you were. Your frustration and cynicism was glaring out in the writing and I still stick to it. But that is my opinion. Please dont feel offended. You wrote something in a public forum and being a member I analyzed it to the best of my ability.
sorry bhaiya, i didn't mean to offend you in any way, shape or form. i'm glad you've taken the time to read and give some thoughtful feedback. when i read it, i see the cynicism clearly springing from a particular class of people living in a particular neighborhood in dhaka. i live in that particular neighborhood by the way. still, it's mighty presumptuous of me think that others read it the same way. my work here takes me to rural bangladesh, especially sandwip and munshiganj a great deal, and the gentle nobility of the people in those areas, skilled and deeply in touch with our roots never fail to inspire me. i also volunteer as an english teacher in some of the local slums, and the remarkable sacrifices the slum-dwellers make for each other, and smiles on the faces of garment-workers despite the nature of the work in those sweatshops add to the inspiration - no matter how cynical i get amidst the self-centered, vanity-driven apathy of the iniquitous...