View Single Post
Old December 6, 2007, 02:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

Moderators: Please remove the other thread ( that I created with blind excitement).

I guess all along the problem with Bangladeshi players have been their networking skills and the sports management. I wonder what CWAB is doing, arent they suppose to get someone who can do these types of 'recruiting'? Even Zimbabwian players have better off-the-field skills to negotiate a deal with a county club than our Bangladeshi ones...

Another thing that happened over the years is, the Damal Summer and Dhaka League is missing the international stars. I mean, we started this whole thing and now India is replicating it with their IPL, XML leagues bringing in star players. Hence, what happened is, not many knows about the talents we have in our domestic league. Akram, Arvinda, Sanjay Manjrekar knows very well about the Bangladeshi players as they used to play at Dhaka League and spread the words. These days, BCB has a regulation of only one foreign players, what a bonehead idea.,, I mean, havent we reached a point where we can afford to have 3 players in the league?

Rokon is an excellent batsman. His days at national team is pretty much finished but he has not fade away like others... Hope he does something extra-0rdinary in New Zealand.