View Single Post
Old January 3, 2013, 11:58 AM
First Class Cricketer

I don’t want him our head coach or even batting coach for the national side. Since he spent 3 years with the team as a head coach, it would be really difficult for him to work under another person (head coach). But nobody could deny his contributions in our national team, specially our batting improved a lot under his supervision. So I don’t want to lose him either if there is a chance to get him back. I believe we could utilize him different way. BCB cricket operation committee can add two more positions, batting adviser and bowling adviser and provide them enough resources and professional environment to work our overall batting and bowling improvement. Batting adviser: may have the following rsponsibilities:

1) He will make recommendation to the BCB time to time how could we improve players batting techniques for different age groups, academy, A and national team and implement the recommendations.

2) Arrange one week camp with the nation team before any series.

3) Arrange week long camp for academy, A and age groups in every quarter of the year.

4) Help local batting coach by arranging training for them.

5) As a member of cricket operation committee, he will also keep in touch with all the coaches of national, A, academy and age groups and provide them his support and expertise.

Bowling adviser will have almost similar rolls (bowling perspective.). So Jimi will be a betting fit as a batting adviser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
Siddons have great passion and love for Bangladesh cricket and during his 4 year tenure of Head Coach, we have had some great success like the 4-0 series win against NZ, repeated series wins against Zimbabwe and overall improvement of batting standards of the national team.

I thank him for his service and wish him all the best.

But I dont want him back in the national folds again.