View Single Post
Old June 6, 2005, 11:39 PM
ODI Cricketer

We are all after Jones. There are thousands of examples where wicketkeepers went up for false caught behind appeals and got umpires' nods. Was it unsporting? Yes. But he was not the first one to do it and surely wont be the last one. I am more furious on Ashraful than Jones for throwing his wicket away before tea. Ever thought how far we would have gone if he could have controlled himself? Or did he take money for losing the game in two days? I wrote it just to show that how easily things can be twisted and taken out of proportion. If you look at it from England's point of view, then he did whatever was necessary for his team to win the game. You know what, our boys did not even try to walk that path. They went in, hit some balls like six a side cricket, and came back to the dressing room. None but our players put our team in such a shameful situation, and they should be held responsible for it. It takes courage to admit own mistakes, and takes nothing to blame the "other person" for the blunders. If all of our players gave their 100% in the field and still we lost the game in two or two and a quarter days, then I would have blamed Jones for his dishonesty. Let’s clean our own backyard first. Let’s teach the players the value of the test caps that they are wearing. That’s more important to me than bashing the opponent and being a crybaby.

Edited on, June 7, 2005, 4:41 AM GMT, by sunniath.

Edited on, June 7, 2005, 5:00 AM GMT, by sunniath.