View Single Post
Old August 13, 2018, 03:05 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonmoy.dhaka
Not entirely true. I am a big supporter of a secular society (something that AL preached once upon a time). The New AL made a lot of friends inside the fundamentalist circle. Not to mention that they made pals with Hafazot (bunch of backward idiots) and they recognised Kawmi Madrassah ( and unlike Alia madrassah, govt has no control over the curriculum of these Kawmi madrasahs, infact most of them dont even teach kids the national anthem).

BNP also curbed fundamentalism when they were forced to by Bangla bhai and their gangs.

The success of AL has been in the agriculture (fisheries included) sector. We have had bumper crop production everytime AL came to power and Matia chowdhury was in charge of Agriculture ministry. The other success includes Power production , urban development (although debatable) and growth of export and local manufacturing industry.
Some points I could agree but there are quite a few I am not convinced with. Agro production increases could also be coincidental as it depends on weather, flooding etc . Hasina might be able to intimidate young school kids but I doubt she has the power to force seeds to bloom.

Squashing jamaat (due to political and PR support) was one of her biggest achievements if any. The Bangla Bhai thing was minor compared to that.

You mentioned growth of exports which is ok but thats half of the story. Since last year balance of trade has dipped to its lowest point since the last 10 years which is very worrying.