View Single Post
Old November 19, 2012, 12:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
I dunno about Bangladesh, I don't even know too much about places like UK or NYC...but the Bengali girls in my community...80% majority are marrying "shada" who they meet and date while in undergrad, grad school, etc. Of course there is a public conversion to Islam and whether or not they really are Muslims is actually none of our business nor our concern.

I would NOT hesitate to predict that more than half of the Bengali Muslims in the US will end up marrying "shada". To each his/her own. Interestingly I'm not sure how many Bengali-other desi marriages there are. I know of 2 friends who both married Pakistanis, I'm scheduled to attend another Bengali-Pakistani wedding in 2 weeks, and my cousin married a Malayali south Indian, but apart from that I don't know too many.
that's pretty interesting. where's your community?

So what does that say about the bengali guys? that they lack the qualities that shada guys have? pretty disappointing if they have to fish in other territories to get what they want.

I can understand it though, here in sydney, I meet such talented, intelligent, humble, and classy girls, none of which are bengali girls. they're all ignorant, westernized too much, and think each of them are princesses and that guys should line up for them. it's funny because if you ask the same people what they have to offer in return, there's no answer.

even in sydney, bengali girls n guys are marrying into other races, even at age <21. Don't they have anything better to do?

I can see some sense in what Crisis is saying lol. The guy's just frustrated at their demands when there's some doubt to what they can offer in return. fair enough i'd say.