View Single Post
Old May 4, 2012, 09:01 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

forgot clive rice. mike procter was an incredible talent, didn't truly get to show his stuff at the highest level which is a shame. viv richards as an allrounder?

you see even though they are great players and could both bat and bowl guys like shaun pollock, richard hadlee, wasim akram and alan davidson were bowlers who could bat rather than allrounders. i think they get their allrounder status because they are top class bowlers and are capable of scoring big runs like centuries occassionally and 50s a bit more often. those types of allrounders i generally wouldn't rate as the best allrounders because i consider them more bowlers than batsmen.

botham and miller were great allrounders, and barlow was pretty good to. i loved watching chris cairns, explosive with the bat at times and a really solid bowler. of course we also have dwayne bravo who is decent, kieron pollard has potential (although he doesn't bowl quite enough for allrounder status maybe), and andre russell i think very highly of, i reckon he'll be awesome but he's not played enough yet.

btw don't be scared to through shakib's name up there.... he's a terrific allrounder, with a few more games (test matches) i think he'll be considered a top quality allrounder by everyone.