View Single Post
Old November 2, 2004, 12:30 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Well two very strong questions bothering my thoughts about this whole article thing and it's reactions!

Firstly.. It's very awkward that BBC suddenly decided to highlight this recent work of BD and publish such an elaborate & critically analized writing! It's not entirely true that Basundhara city has made a world of difference in the skyline of Dhaka.. rather in my view.. terribly mega scale projects has are coming up one after another for atleast the last 6-8 years.. and so many more are yet to come(like Jamuna city and so on)!!
(I'm not saying tht its something to be very very proud of.. rather it just proves how huge bulk amount of money some ppl in BD has really got!)

Secondly.. everyone here who are posting reactions in this thread... what are your thoughts about the massive investments in BD.. specially Dhaka & Chittagong & Sylhet in the Land developement & Mega-Construction projects??
How much of these are actually out of necessity and how much is coming from the Huge Thurst for Luxury that BD people hav already become well-known to possess??

Edited on, November 2, 2004, 5:33 PM GMT, by crickethorizon.