View Single Post
Old September 21, 2012, 08:48 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindieFan
Word is there's gonna be changes to the side that played the Bang academy, it's been confirmed that Warrican (left-arm spinner), Cotterrell (left-arm fast), Grant (right-arm fast) and Blackwood (middle order batsman who bowls off spin) will come into the side, who they replace is a mystery right now but i'd guess our team will be..

Fletcher
Griffith
Barcley
Hope
Lesporis
Blackwood
Hamilton (wk)
Brathwaite (c)
Cotterrell
Grant
Warrican

So the ones who could miss out are Ottley, Cariah, Permaul, Dawes and Cummins, would be a risk though considering Cariah and Permaul got 14 of the 19 wickets we took in the first match, but i guess they just wanna give some other players some experience which is what this tour is about at the end of the day, not totally sure Cariah won't play though, right now it's just speculation,

But if that team does play it's a well balanced side and the pace department would be vastly improved from the one that played the academy, Cotterrell is a very fast and hostile bowler, tall aswell, he's the one people are excited about so it will be interesting to see how he does, Grant hasn't played for his regional senior side yet due to suffering bad injuries for the last five years, but apparently at u19 level he was rated as highly as Roach, the story about him getting into the academy is quite interesting though because the rumours suggest he was used as a net bowler when Australia toured the caribbean earlier this year and he really roughed them up, Ottis Gibson saw it and his jaw dropped, so thats why he's with the academy now despite not playing a senior game yet for Winwards,

All in all i expect it to be a tough game and may the best team win, hopefuly there won't be any rain around this time because that cost us dearly in the last game.
Thanks for the update WindieFan. Looks like a good team you guys are putting out. Would be a very good test for our boys. Let the best team win.