View Single Post
Old October 12, 2017, 10:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanvir_nus
Look, you are right in some ways. I know he is going through a transition and stuff, I was the most hopeful about Taskin's career here and I do realize he is really young and still got lots of time.

But the problem I have with him is that he looks comfortable and looks to be not trying. Compare the physique he had when he came in and now, it is a lot different. Compare the lengths he is bowling, in my opinion he bowled the best in Asia cup last April 2016. Although the sky did fall down it is time for him to really push himself again. Again, the problem I have with him is that he is missing aggression and the will to fight. I also think he got into business and modelling a bit too much for his own good and had too many distractions.

I did have a lot of role on hyping up Taskin at the start, and as one of his fans it is just sad for me to see the decline in his pace and hunger. There is a lot of things just not right with him at this moment, it shouldn't be the case of what could have been still. He still has a lot of time in his hands to make ammends, but why isn't he working on them?

Anyways, with his form in bowling in general it is hard to think he will be back into the team where it is getting so competitive. Think about the pecking order, how many bowlers can you fit in the one spot? Mashrafe and Mustafizur will be fixed till 2019. There is Rubel, Shaifuddin who is a good alrounder btw, there is also Hider, Rahi and now Ebadat. Don't forget Roy, Rabbi, Shafiul (even though he sux), Shahid and add to that other U-19 bowlers and fringe ones the list gets heavy as s***.

Bottom line is this, he needs to ramp up his pace, he needs to get stronger, he needs to bowl in good length and occasionally mix it up, he needs to bowl to his field, he needs to change pace more often, I am just wondering if I can figure out his mistakes and point them out what the hell is the head coach doing to solve them? Maybe they need me as the bloody coach!
Taskin Ahmed is happy with what he is, he doesnt need to improve, since he has no competition. He has already, peaked. Only thing I can see now is him going down, spends too much time taking selfies.