View Single Post
Old March 24, 2004, 08:07 AM
ODI Cricketer

I think not all the blame goes to Muslims. think about it this way, due to opression, occupation, indirect or otherwise, many of these countries have developed these so called terrorists. Its a two sided thing.

Literacy will help, but lets look at the root of the matter. Most of these countries spend more on buying weapons, than on education. The US and UK have the same policy, they would rather spend more funds (which I add is public taxes) on weapons and so called "self defence" than on public health per say.

When these "Developed Countries" give aid, in reality they are just fueling these third world countries with more weapons for their war-mongering, in return for food. I mean have you realised how many African countries suffer from famine? They can grow crops, but most of their harvest they have to export to pay off their debts!

If you analyse those countries, most of them spend their funds for war than on education... how can they become literate? The only thing they learn is to use an AK.

As for barbaricness, do you fail to see how barbaric the west and so called developed countries are?

History is witness to the fact that it was US who obliterated Hiroshima and Nagasaki (how many innocent civillians do you think died)? Then Vietnam War...

"In America's war on Vietnam, the US forces sprayed 72 million litres of chemicals on areas of south Vietnam from 1961 to 1971. The chemicals, which included Agent Orange contaminated with Dioxin, caused many thousands of deaths and abnormal births. Today in Vietnam there are estimated to be nearly one million victims of Agent Orange, and the effects are going into the third generation."

Who could be more barbaric? There was once Brittish imperialism, and now there is the American imperialism.

The fact is as long as we are opressed and supressed, nothing will become of us.

[Edited on 24-3-2004 by Unknown]