View Single Post
Old July 28, 2008, 10:36 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnab
You mean like in Billiard or Caromboard?
No, when someone has piled up 300+ runs, then the top order (batting second) must attack to keep the RRR down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnab
I mean there's no athletic need or time constraint, is there? In golf, if your opponent is playing better, do you run faster, hit the ball harder, hit more reflex shots, steal the ball from him, deny him the advantage by pushing his ball into a bunker, race against time to get to the hole quicker? Where's the athletic demand? Where's the time pressure? There's none.
The more you post the more ignorant you sound. There is a time constraint for every one playing professional tournament. Go read the rule books. Players are warned and penalized if then can't finish holes in given time. Penalty can come in form of fines or strokes. Just like 50 over match must be played within certain amount of time.

Attacking the course or playing passively is two distinct approach in golf. You can lay up or you can try to hit the pin. Depending on the weather and what other players have done before you may dictate your approach. Aggressively trying to get a birdie may cost a player more. May end up boggie or a double or more if water, trees, sand traps or hazards come in to play. Where as laying up would not reward the player but would be a safe approach but can cost one the tournament.

If I have time next time I visit BD, I will drag you to a golf course inshallah.