View Single Post
Old June 5, 2003, 03:54 AM
Club Cricketer

Default Ur replys -

Ehsan - My first reply is to u here. If u really think that I am a Bangladeshi fan now, so from this post i will use "our team", "our players" now. I use "our" for India but if u say, i will use it for BD also.

Fwullah - It is bad that Opee has been dropped from our(Ehsan - notice this "our") primary squad of 20 for the tour to Aus. He no doubt is a good batsmen and when he is returing to international cricket after sometime, he needs some matches to get going. I think that our selectors expect too much too soon from our players. Anyways, i have seen players who were not selected in the preliminary squad have been selected in the final 15 man squad. Lets hope that happens with Opee as well.

I think that we Bangladeshi cricket fans here have more sense than the selectors headed by Aliul.

About Pilot, he is still the best wicket-keeper we have. It is difficult to have a keeper like him. The other keeper, Selim is still young and should be send in the next "A" team tour of Bangladesh. Pilot can atleast hang around with the bat and that is the type of player we need.

Doorbin - Thanks for ur comments - "In a very short time you have learnt Bangladesh Cricket quite well." I have been following Bangladesh cricket from the test series against South Africa recently.

Opee no doubt is a good batsmen and it is unfair to drop him from the preliminary squad for the aussie tour. Any batsmen who can hit an ODI century has a lot of talent. I do not know why was he dropped. He regularly used to be selected till early 2002 in our team. I think it must be due to the regular injuries which he was getting. Do not expect too much too soon from our players. Give them some time to settle down and gain experience and if that happens, no doubt, ur team could have a world-class player soon.

[Edited on 6-6-2003 by amit]