View Single Post
Old November 23, 2017, 06:33 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportingBD
“Develop in your heart the feeling of love for your people and let it be the source of kindliness and blessing to them. Do not behave with them like a barbarian, and do not appropriate to yourself that which belongs to them. Remember that the citizens of the state are of two categories. They are either your brethren in religion or your brethren in kind. They are subject to infirmities and liable to commit mistakes.”

- Imam Ali Ibn Abu-Talib A.S
LOL You know in some weird way, that actually resonated within me. Thank you. I needed to hear this.

Anyway, back to a general post and not directed at anyone:

My only guilt of donating is the following. Maybe BCites can help me see through.

It is very easy to swipe your credit card with three digit protection pin and go about clinking apple cider for thanksgiving hoping I made a difference. See, for people like me who live here it is an entirely abstract concept.

Throwing some cash and assuming everything will be hunky dory will not be the problem solver. We will go about our merry day tomorrow and forget it.

That is why plight and suffering we see in tv about Syrian refugees and Rohingya is so abstract and far removed from us.

If I could, I'd rather go to a fellow human being and hold her in my arms and caress her hair and comfort her and tightly bring him to my arms hugging and just ...just for few seconds tell him: "Baby don't worry. Please. God loves you. And EVERYTHING WILL BE OKAY."

That five second moment is priceless. That moment is something money can't buy.

But then again perhaps that is not my path. For some compassion or peace or kindness or love. For an NFL player it is path to wash the feet of homeless men and leave a brand new pair on the football field. For me, my path is empowerment. To be empowered and empower others.

There is one beautiful individual and divine soul - a female BC member- who is doing just that. Going out there and making a difference. I wish I could rise and aspire to her divine status. It is funny when I was her friend, I never appreciated her presence and only when she was gone I felt her.

Also, there is another issue how much is enough or too little. I know anything helps... but then your mind plays trick on you. You donate more it looks like ego and show off and little then it shows apathy.

Possibly I am overanalyzing but I just spilled my inner soliloquoy.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles