View Single Post
Old December 11, 2004, 04:42 PM
Test Cricketer

random thoughts:

Well....we still aren't doing too bad. Of course it could have been a lot better. I dream of the day we will have mashri, tapash, nazmul, shahadat, talha and sharif firing and ready to be picked (at least the first four). Our spin department is amply supplied already with rafique, rana, enamul jnr, abur rajjak raj. I don't know who can be trusted to be a slips fieldsman in our team....so many catches have been dropped in that area. Some of the cricinfo articles are written by indians, bound to criticize bd (i'm not saying we don't deserve it). Its really disheartening.....but we gotta believe that the fielding will lift in the next match.

Now the batting. hmm.....well....no more stupid shots.....no more bad footwork that resulted in pathan's pfieffer. They need to spend time at the crease, honestly, leave everything that you can leave alone. If they just do that i'm sure runs will come. I have hopes for rajin and bashar to overcome their recent slump (i was so pissed with bashar's dismissal, stupid hookshot) but i am worried about javed. So much pressure on him as he faces the ball first. Dunno how he's going to find a way to spend time out there, especially with the ball swinging around like a boomarang. HOnestly, think about it. 184 allout. If the others clicked a little, 300 is very very achievable and enough reason for ICC to shutup about the two-tier system.

any thoughts? Oh and by the way....I say that in future, two offences by anyone who comes to this site just to agitate us should result in their expulsion, warning or no warning....