View Single Post
Old August 16, 2005, 12:00 AM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Now that I have finally read and comprehended every single post on this thread, I must say India being scared of BD is a ridiculous statement. Surely beating India pounded my heart with joy, and then Australia even more so there is an evident improvement in our team which I hope will continue.

Secondly, my warm welcome goes to fellow Indian, Sri Lankan and other Non-BD members.

Let's get to the point.

A lot of people already mentioned the BCCI money/corruption, sponsor and viewership issues, but if that really is really the case then shouldn't ICC enforce some sort of law/regulation that will prevent the tour scheduling from turning into a business rather than promoting the sport and keeping it fair?

Unless it is entirely up to a country's cricket board to schedule their team's tours however they wish, I think ICC should strictly allocate scheduled tours, perhaps 1 or 2 tri-nation series (like Natwest) for foremost ranked teams like AUS, ENG, IND to play developing team like BD at least once a year, home and away every alternative year. Only this way a new team like BD can improve its consistency and competitiveness.

Remember, cricket is a far more complicated and tougher game now compared to its early days when even the best of today had to struggle through humiliating defeats for years, so comparatively I think BD is starting to hold up well which we can actually be more proud of.