View Single Post
Old April 16, 2011, 01:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

Currently:
Type: All rounder

Batting and Bowling Hand: both Right, bowl medium-fast, was pretty quick even 3/4 years back, now slower bouncer is my best delivery, Shaun Pollock type

Batting and Fielding Position: batting at 3 or 4, Rahul Dravid type, point or short mid-wicket, once kept wicket, hate fielding at slip

What lvl of cricket: fun-cricket, para-cricket, inter-city competition (in abroad), tape-tennis, in the last 10 years I have played only a single match with proper cricket ball

My cricket career has evolved quite a bit.
In the school, I used to play football more than cricket. I was just mediocre-to-bad in both of them. Cricket took over football around 1995/96. I was a solid batsman with good defense and SIX-hitting ability. I used to bowl only occasionally with very slow pace.

Next several years was the same. But I was never a regular athlete. Academic career was always the priority.

I became a quick bowler around 2003. Went for the out and out pace and it was quite thrilling. I loved it and spent quite a bit of time practising pace bowling (tape-tennis, of course). I perfected line and length with the ability to bowl yorkers almost at will. That is why, I am often disgusted when a national team bowler can not control line and length.

Now, just play occassionally in a club with lot of Pakis and Indians. Can not manage much time for it. It is more about fitness than cricket.

Throughout these years, I have been an excellent fielder. That is the part of cricket I like the most.