View Single Post
Old September 25, 2009, 03:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

For those who don't want to read the previous lengthy post, the following should suffice...

I consider myself a die hard fan who grew up playing cricket. These days I get to play only in summer time, although I do spend at least a few hours on weekends catching up on news related to test cricket, ODI and T20. Unfortunately it's no longer feasible for me to watch test cricket on a regular basis, nevertheless I make every effort to catch the last day of all test matches that involve Bangladesh. I get to watch ODIs between my favorite teams only when they fall on weekends, unless they are a must watch world cup match when I'll stay up all night if I have to. On the other hand, when there's the prospect of a competitive T20 match it's much more feasible for me to watch even on a week day if it airs early morning or at night before I go to sleep. I feel once the spectator realizes that the format is merely a microcosm of the longer version of the game and learns to appreciate the cerebral thinking, physical strength, control, finesse and other skills required for the making of a great T20 player, they can enjoy the heart stopping excitement and thrill of T20. I'll admit I've spent quite a bit of money to watch these games, whereas I just can't justify spending the same amount on tests or ODIs where I'd be watching only 10-20% of the entire match. T20 is still in its infancy and some of the best teams in the world are still working on figuring it out. As expected, T20 will face resistance and criticism just like ODI did when it was first introduced, but make no mistake it's here to stay and eventually it will become the most popular format of the game.