View Single Post
Old September 10, 2009, 03:47 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Allrounders!!!

Milon is not much of a bowler, Zia is not much of a batsman. Here in BC, we made the allrounder tag very cheap. Any bowler that can bat a bit or any batsman that can bowl a bit is now being called an allrounder here!

We should be looking for genuine pacers, not bits and piece allrounders.
agree that here in BC the allrounder tag is given to a player very easily. from the little i've seen of milon i agree from the little i've seen that he doesn't look like much of a bowler and even his batting only looks as good as mash's but the thing is this guy has an incredible strike rate in list A's and a decent average (though his average and strike rate use to be much better) and in FC matches despite not having many wickets for the number of matches he's played he has an incredible strike rate. i don't think milon is the answer to the pacer allrounder needs of the national team but he's done pretty decent domestically so i think he does deserve a few chances in the A team or at least the academy team.

as for ziaur, he hasn't got much of a batting record but his fan club have raved about his hitting ability on occassion, still, he's a bowler who can handle the bat on a good day imo because consistency is the most important thing in cricket so just having the skills doesn't make you a good player.