View Single Post
Old April 25, 2003, 10:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Actually, I think what Sujon was trying to do with his bowler rotations was to give his pacers short spells in the Chittagong heat, especially in the afternoon session. I think that is justified. This is not England where the players need three overs to get warmed up.

However, I think Sujon is feeling pressured to do something spectacular since he knows that he doesn't justify a place. Therefore, since he didn't score with the bat, he is bowling himself too much. I would rather have seen Ashraful bowl twice as many overs and Sujon bowl half the overs he has bowled. I don't care about Sujon's economy, who needs economy when we can't take a single wicket all day long. Sujon's bowling poses absolutely no problems to the SA batsmen on this dead track.

Ultimately, we will just have to face the fact that Sujon should get dropped from the Test side. I fully endorse the plan of different captains for one-day and Tests and I also think that Sumon should be given the Test captaincy. Sooner the better.