View Single Post
Old August 22, 2009, 10:54 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_king
I can guarantee Farhad Reza's failure in the international arena.
And I guarantee that if he get chance again, he will prove you wrong again. And that is based on his past record of him in the team. But what I am not sure is if he will indeed make it to the national team again. The team is loaded with all-rounders who are doing ok right now.

There is a tendency among some fans to discount young players too early forgetting that inexperienced players have room to grow with experience. What we need to see is sign of improvement as they get more experienced.... are they improving or moving in a circle...are they learning from their mistakes or not..are they raising their performance in key moments or not?

For example we already know what we can get from Ashraful or Mashrafee or Rasel or Razzak. But its too early to say that we already know what Dollar, Naeem, Junaid, Robin, Rubel or farhad can give in future. These players are still developing.

In the past we prematurely tagged Shakib as too slow a batsman and his spinning is not TEST caliber; or Tamim is not good for TEST and has lots of limitation to be successful long term, or Dollar is bhua and no good, or Farhad's bolwing is way way below par and no good, or Riad is noo good either with bowling or batting and he is too slow as a batsman to be successful in ODI and he is no TEST calibre player, etc, etc.... these all proved wrong (so far) as they are/were progressing nicely and proving us wrong.

So please don't discount these young players before they have the opportunity to grow. Now should Farhad be in the team immediately? That where we agree... he should pay his due and make a case and wait for his chance before he gets his another chance. But guaranteeing that he will be a failure when he is in the team? That's where we disagree. Its too early to say one way or other.

Last edited by Fazal; August 22, 2009 at 01:25 PM..