View Single Post
Old August 13, 2009, 08:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foozy
Haha, I have actually heard of this before. But I personally lived in Saudi Arabia for 17 years. Went for both Hajj and Umrah as well. *(whispers) I do raise my finger while sitting and so does everyone in my family. Nothing happened though. And now I'm safer in Canada I guess lol.

...Is that for real though billah bhai? I actually ended up believing that it was just a myth because I did personally raise my finger in all mosques that I attended and as far as I remember, most people around me did it too (including Saudis). Have you heard of any real stories? I am very interested. Please PM me if you are not comfortable posting anything here.

...And is this religious group the "Muttawa"? They are actually appointed by the government, but I don't believe they break fingers, only force you to pray :S: (which also I think is wrong btw)

-Mahfooz
I don't think it's the Muttawa. One of my siblings has been monitoring Hajj for a few years, appointed by the government of BD. The story came from that source, in the context of the discussion on degrees of fanaticism. I can always ask him for authentication...I suppose.