View Single Post
Old August 13, 2009, 07:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foozy
Lol funny picture u made me visualize. But if that were indeed the case, I think he could tie it around his waste and create a 100% natural and organic belt for himself .

P.s. I want to add something to this note as well. It is not anything to do with Mehrab though. A lot of people misunderstand and call a lot of things "The Islamic Dress". For men it is often referred to the Arab "Taubs" or the subcontinental "Panjabi/Kurta". There is no such thing as an Islamic dress!!! We are only asked to cover from navel to knee mandatory. What you wear is up to you! ....Again it had nothing to do with the topic, just wanted to get it out there
Mahfooz: Your P.S. caught my attention. Here's a little nugget to illustrate a point being discussed here:

During the Hajj, in Mecca, there is this আঙ্গুল-ভাঙা পাট্টি, that patrols around (not authorized by the local authorities, of course). The Madhab they follow, says, during the salaat, at the sitting position (attahiyaatu), you must not lift your index fingure at any time. If they catch you do it, their volunteers grab and break your index fingure.

Considering the above, the Islamic-dress is a much larger, way-more-sensitive issue. Zealots can really make mountains out of moehills. There is really no limit to their rationalizations.

( I sincerely hope I'm not starting something here).