View Single Post
Old August 7, 2009, 03:48 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by abu2abu
This article mentions that South Africa have an "Emerging players" team/tour. I like this idea.

We should have something similar for Under 19 players who are no longer under 19, are talented but have had limited first class opportunities. And other players who have emerged through the domestic competition without getting any international recognition so far.

I know we have an A team and an cademy, but there's no harm in having an emerging players squad to face other emerging players across the world and/or maybe tour associate countries...
i'm not sure how often the "emerging players" team plays. they participate in a regular tournament every year with other teams like india, australia, new zealand, but other than that i don't think they play again during the year. but this is something i talked about earlier, BD should try and participate in this tournament if they can, it's another way of giving some players some pretty good experience. btw it's not just young players either, it can be fringe national players, the indian team sent some players who have played a couple of matches for the indian national team, and a few fringe players so it doesn't just have to be for the really young guys (u19).