View Single Post
Old July 28, 2009, 05:42 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanW
One World,

Paul Adams had a weird technique, but he wasnt a chucker.
Generally,

The advantage of offspin over legspin is that it is more accurate. The disadvantage is that a legspinner can move the ball both ways.

If offspinners are allowed to legally chuck the ball by 15 degrees, and thereby get the ball to turn both ways with a doosra, then why ever use a legspinner ?

When did I call Paul a chucker. I was pointing to the revival scenario which not always brings in expected result adding salt to injury the misery of watching weirdness.

If Doosra::Chucking to you then I cannot really debate here as we are on the two opposite points on this topic.

But if you are branding someone as an offy or leggy and then saying offy should not be offered to do Doosra then we need to go back and start re-write cricketing archive taking away all the counts of wickets the offies possess.

In other words "Keep It Simple Stupid", if Doosra was accepted when it was first bowled why brand it today? If a leggie has legal deliveries both ways, offie having it causing trouble now. Only cricket in AUS is so academic that they cannot really accept others' innovative perception of the game specially if it is coming from sub-continent except India who never really contributed for anything except IPL.