View Single Post
Old June 14, 2009, 06:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baundule
I was looking a bit at the numbers. NZ has played 112* tests in those years before their first win. 58 of these matches were lost and 54 were drawn. On the contrary, we have drawn only three times (Ind, WI, NZ). This probably indicates that NZ were more competitive than us, although with the introduction of shorter form of the game, resulting in an attitude of scoring quickly, now-a-days we get less number of drawn tests.

With the huge popularity of cricket in BD compared to NZ, we are much more blessed with natural players. What hurts more is, these guys are quite capable of playing at the top level; but they are not handled properly. Take the Pilot-Rahim case for example. The kid was drafted into the side at 15, dropping one of the best wicket-keepers in the World. He did not get time and motivation to improve himself to replace a player like Pilot. The result is, easy come, easy go! We need to get rid of such attitudes, getting time of 20 or 30 years will not cure it.

* these numbers may be slightly wrong, if I miscounted
For this thing We need time. That's what I was saying. We don't have capable management to handle them. Be Postive and wait for TIME to show it's game