View Single Post
Old January 5, 2009, 01:13 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Sahastra
Beamer,

As i said, that was the point of view friom the Indian side and i am sure it will be diametrically opposite to the one held on the BD side. And i am not delving into that - this is not the thread or the time or the occassion. The simple point was, military and strategic top-brasses in India find BNP regime far easier to tackle than AL regime as an AL regime is often accompanied by lot of political pressure since AL govt. is supposed to be India friendly.

In actuallity, Wwether it is the AL govt or the BNP govt, or whether it is the Congress or the BJP will have very little impact on the relationship between the two countries - each of the two countries have their self-interests that conflict directly with the other and given the paucity of resources, as long as outstanding issues don't get a mutually acceptable closure, differences and frictions will be inevitable. I was only mentioning that contrary to the perception, BNP at the helm of the affairs makes life lot more easier for the Indian security forces and the top-brasses.
Understood what you are saying. However, I am not at all informed on how politicized the Military and Strategic brass of India really is. If the majority of the recent brass believe in BJP ideology, then actually it won't be a surprise if they found BNP to be a better ally, since BNP itself is fundamentally and ideologically closer to BJP then AL ever will be! Playing nationalistic card and religious fear mongering to further their causes are the M.O.

I do believe AL will try to tackle the Islamic extremism issue inside BD, which was allowed to grow during BNP rule. World without them is a better place to live. Bangladesh, India..all.