Thread: Golf
View Single Post
Old June 21, 2008, 02:48 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
Is that true? Not surprised really. The price of playing on a course in one of the Far Eastern countries are astronomical. Its probably cheaper to fly in to Chittagong, play a few rounds, stay in a hotel - then playing for a few hours in any course in Japan or Korea, who are ardent golfers. I know for a fact that people from those countries fly into Malaysia or Thailand just a play a few rounds to save money. Not surprised at all. We really need a few good courses with 5 star hotels in Cox's Bazar.
Exactly. And the popularity of golfing holidays are rising rapidly. Golf is such a game, the more courses you play, more you improve as a golfer. Since no two courses are same. Makes it more interesting to the golfers. Infact if you have a golf course you will find people making their way, any how.

We had a course in Cox's Bazar beside 'Shoibal', that was under porjoton corporation. They ruined it without maintenance. Last time I saw it in 2004 & unless someone tells you, it is hard to identify as a course. But We have a good number of courses in BD now.

If you want to take golf as a profession, it's costly. As it is in Tennis. But for weekend golfing or holiday golfing or after work golfing, it's not so costly. I mean any mid level executive in BD, Ind, pak working in a MNC can afford it.

UAE is developing a number of courses and all the elites including TW is busy designing courses in UAE. The cost is affordable. Now a days, golf is being played even under flood lights in many places. Demand is such.

Last edited by BANFAN; June 21, 2008 at 04:24 AM..