View Single Post
Old July 23, 2004, 07:39 AM
Test Cricketer

Default Samiur, I hope your vibes are wrong !

Quote:
Originally posted by samiur666
Quote:
Originally posted by BangladeshFan
Quote:
Originally posted by samiur666
190 for 9. Innings over
bangladesh should open with raj again. hope SL batsmen would make some mistakes....

Dont think they will. Anyway can you imagine if your top order had actyually scored, how much better our score would have been?
Samiur, I hope you are wrong ! I have always believed that if pace is denied to batsmen like Jayasuria, Gilchrist etc. then some of element of rashness would creep in.

Tapash should open the bowling with Razzak [ but not Rafique ]. If Tapash does not swing the ball [ his problem is controlling it, in fact ] after two overs, then play the spinners until the 15th over.

Would we have scored 250 ? Not with this top order. I think averages in the long run do not lie.

But I still feel better now than I did two hours ago. This is the first time I have followed a Bangladesh ODI where after the 38th over they batted like any other team in the closing overs of a OD match. From 100/4 to 190/9 , i.e.at 7.5 runs per over for 12 overs is not bad against Vaas and Muralitharan.

Credit goes to Ash, Rana [ selflessness ] , Mashud played a cameo and, of course, Razzak and even the 3 ball Tapash.

Normally, I would give Bangladesh about 2% chance of winning a match [ probability ]. My gut says about 20% today on the back of this morale-boosting recovery.

Let's go at them !

[Edited on 23-7-2004 by Imtiaz]