View Single Post
Old July 5, 2004, 03:12 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Those who are living abroad, their family having dressed like that,
and doing sports like that without any hesitation.
Not quite. many families I know in foreign countries are practicing Islamic dress code and practicing Islam and they are successful in their fields, Alhamdulillah.

Quote:
The question is, today they are talking against wrestling,
but there is no assurance that they will not talk against woman football, hockey,
volleyball or etc. some day. And if we step back this time because of their protest,
Next time we have to take PERMISSION from them when we need to take
a new sport for women or something like that.
Like big faces Iranian Islamic council or whatever they call, decides all the thing in view of Islam.
When base is not right, it does not take much time for a structure to crash down. Fighting for wrestling will not be a right path for progression for women, IN MY OPINION. We are Muslims, so first we should follow Islamic values and use them for progression of both men and women. Islam never fails-that we muslims believe, there are ofcourse hardship but Islam prevails all the time Insh Allah.

Quote:
And no wonder it is your so called patriarchal manhood that makes you utter "wrestling is not for women". What is for women then? Ludo and carrum??
You are funny. Wow, I didn't play Ludo and carrum for a long time. The thing is Navarene bhai, sure women will participate in sports. In my opinion both MUSLIM MEN AND MUSLIM WOMEN should participate in sports, which's any rule does not contradict Islamic rulez and regulations. Bhai, we are Muslims, and thats how we have to go ahead. But don't get me wrong, I don't support Islamic Parties of Bangladesh, all I am saying is what I just said.